The Mission of the Office for Religious is to assist the Archbishop in his ministry to religious and other consecrated persons who live and serve in the Archdiocese of Chicago. The Office provides pastoral services to them as well being a vehicle for communication and administrative support. We work to connect the diversity of charisms of consecrated life with the needs of the Archdiocese.
The Office also actively promotes a culture of vocations in the Archdiocese through the Coordinator of Religious Vocation Ministries and the activities of the Chicago Area Vocation Association (CAVA).
Services Provided by the Office for Religious include:
Information and advice given on Archdiocesan policies, canonical issues, housing, networking, ministry and formation resources
Pastoral care for religious and others in Consecrated Life
- Regular meetings, letters for Archbishop Cupich
- Collaboration with other agencies/departments in matters regarding Consecrated Life and employment of religious by the Archdiocese
- Coordination of R-1 Visas and other immigration services for men and women religious employed by the Archdiocese
- Maintaining the database for religious
- Coordination of the Annual Retirement Fund for Religious Appeal throughout the Archdiocese
- Coordination of religious vocation ministries in the Archdiocese and with the Office for Vocations and CAVA, the Chicago Archdiocesan Vocation Association
- Formation direction for consecrated virginity
- Planning of events: Jubilee Celebration for Religious, Archbishop’s Convocation with the Leadership of Religious Communities, and Consecrated Life Day.