The mission of the Office for Religious is to assist the Archbishop in the needs of religious communities, acting as a resource in response to his concerns and needs. The Office provides pastoral service and support to men and women religious serving in the Archdiocese and their leadership. The Office actively supports religious vocations ministries through CAVA the Chicago Archdiocesan Vocation Association.
Services Provided by the Office for Religious include:
Information and advice given on Archdiocesan policies, canonical issues, housing, networking, ministry and formation resources
Pastoral care for religious and others in Consecrated Life
- Regular meetings, letters for Cardinal George
- Collaboration with other agencies/departments in matters regarding Consecrated Life and employment of religious by the Archdiocese
- Coordination of R-1 Visas and other immigration services for men and women religious employed by the Archdiocese
- Maintaining the database for religious
- Coordination of the Annual Retirement Fund for Religious Appeal throughout the Archdiocese
- Coordination of religious vocation ministries in the Archdiocese and with the Office for Vocations and CAVA, the Chicago Archdiocesan Vocation Association
- Formation direction for consecrated virginity
- Planning of events: Jubilee Celebration for Religious, Cardinal’s Convocation with the Leadership of Religious Communities, and Consecrated Life Day.