Elementary School Principal
St. Hubert Catholic Community
8201 Main Street
The Principal provides the educational leadership of St. Hubert School by supervising and forming teachers, staff, and students after the likeness of Christ and in the teachings of the Catholic Church, facilitating the academic excellence of our students, communicating with parents, developing curriculum, overseeing student life, evaluating teachers and staff, developing emergency procedures, taking a lead in enrollment management and school development/advancement, and proposing a budget.
St. Hubert School began as a tiny school almost 150 years ago in the Minneapolis suburb of Chanhassen and has grown into a school that currently educates almost 750 children in preschool through grade eight in a tradition of academic excellence amidst a setting of a dedicated Catholic community. As a Catholic School we seek to live out the mission of the Catholic Church and set high standards for our students' academic achievement and development in virtue. Our academic program, led by a faculty and staff of 60, challenges students to make the most of their individual skills, gifts and abilities. In spite of our large size, St. Hubert's is fortunate to continue to have a "small town, community feel" because of a very dedicated faculty with a strong teacher commitment to reach each of our students and heavy parental involvement.
St. Hubert School is led by a principal/assistant principal team. We have one 3 year old preschool and two 4/5 year old preschool classes, four full day kindergarten classrooms with 20 students in each, and 3 homerooms for grades 1-8 with a grade level size of approximately 78 students. Most grade levels are full with waiting lists in place. Along with classroom teachers, we have specialists in art, physical education, music, band, Spanish, special education, reading and several teachers' assistants.
As we strive to educate our children for the 21st century we have integrated many technology strategies in our curriculum including the use of SMART Board technology in each classroom. SHS is heavily involved in professional development this year with the goal of implementing standard based grading for the 2013-2014 school year.
• Practicing Roman Catholic eager to further promote Catholic identity and academic excellence.
• Willing to further the mission of St. Hubert’s School/parish.
• Minimum of Master’s Degree and preferably Educational Specialist Degree (Ed.S)
• Principal Licensure required.
• Minimum five years teaching experience with Minnesota teacher licensure; several years’ experience in an administrative and supervisory role in a school with some of that experience as a Catholic School principal.
• Very familiar and visionary regarding current educational innovations in technology
• Management style that follows Catholic teachings and encourages mutual respect and collaboration.
Please e-mail cover letter, resume, transcripts, and five references to Father Rolf Tollefson, Pastor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.