St. Charles Borromeo Parish
1135 Daniel Drive
St. Charles Borromeo parish has a part-time position open for a Music Director. This person will be responsible for coordinating the liturgical music needs of the parish.
The Music Director is expected to be on site for the following events each week:
• For weekly masses: Saturday, 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Sunday, 7:00 a.m. – 12 Noon (with a break from 10:00 – 10:45.)
• For special masses: Christmas, Easter, Holy Week, feast days, and other holy days of obligation. The times for these masses will vary.
• Thursday evenings (or another regularly scheduled practice time for 1 ½ - 2 hours.)
• For monthly planning and preparation purposes: These hours are flexible and would be worked off site.
The salary to be paid is commensurate with experience.
There are also opportunities to work special ceremonies such as weddings and funerals for additional compensation to be paid by the families holding the ceremonies.
The primary responsibility is for coordinating all liturgical music for Saturday evening and Sunday masses. The Music Director will be expected to develop a choir that is attractive to new participants. Specifically, we want the choir to grow and to support intergenerational engagement without straying from liturgical music. The music needs to fit the community as a whole. The Music Director will work with the Pastor in the selection and design of the musical components of the worship service and produce special programs as needed, e.g., Christmas, Easter, Holy Week, feast days, graduation, communion, confirmation, and holy days of obligation. Monthly planning for all music will be reviewed and approved by the Pastor. The Music Director will also work with an all-volunteer choir with a wide range of skills in the group that will need to be developed and directed. A children’s choir will also need to be developed and directed.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
• Proficiency in singing, piano, and organ;
• Experience in conducting choirs;
• Excellent musical skills;
• Good communication skills;
• Good leadership and organizational skills;
• Heart for ministry;
• A degree in music;
• Previous experience as a choir director or music coordinator would be helpful;
• If the Music Director is not Roman Catholic, then he/she needs to know the Liturgy.