Year 4: Year of the Sacraments (July 2014 - July 2015)
The final year will focus on fostering reflection by Catholics on the purpose and meaning of all of the sacraments, with particular attention to Eucharist and Reconciliation. This year may include but is by no means limited to some of the following elements:
- Dedicating homilies to educating parishioners on the meaning and purpose of the sacraments
- Offering special retreats or programs of reflection on some or all of the sacraments at the parish, deanery or Archdiocesan level
- Providing catechetical instruction about the sacraments in bulletin inserts, e-mails or other forms of communication
- Developing new aids for examination of conscience
- Reaching out in the community to Catholics who are rarely or infrequently at Mass by creatively and imaginatively using various forms of communications
- Embedding the concerns of social justice and vocational awareness in all efforts.