- Year of Strong Catholic Parents - Overview for Parishes
This “menu” for the year holds a list of resources and events that make up the foundation of the Year of Strong Catholic Parents.
Color | Black and White
- Guide for Parent/Guardian Sacramental Preparation Meetings
The Guide is available through the Office for Catechesis website and includes foundational principles as well as outlines for parent meetings: First Reconciliation, First Eucharist and Confirmation.
Download (Click on the Year of Strong Catholic Parents logo)
- The Template for Infant Baptism is based in the documents and rituals of the Church and suggests ways in which parents are prepared for their child's Baptism, the sacrament is celebrated and possible follow up with young families.
- Register to Receive Monthly E-Mails on Sacramental Preparation
We’re using flocknote.com to support parents in raising faith-filled kids with a monthly family activity via email or text message
- Infant Baptism Ministry Assessment Tool will help a parish Baptism Team explore the ways they prepare and support young parents in their responsibility to train children in the practice of the faith.
- …a little child shall lead them
This new program combines music, scripture, seasonal environment, prayer, crafts, and more - all geared towards Parents and children age 2-4. Here is a wonderful opportunity to offer a Baptism follow-up event to welcome young families to your parish. Attend one of two workshops that will provide a free manual and all the curriculum.
- Creating a “Mom’s Night Out”
Download this easy-to-follow plan for gathering parents bringing their children to First Eucharist. Use the discussion questions offered by the publishers of At Home With Our Faith.
Parish Initiatives and Tools
- How Family Sensitive is Your Parish is an assessment tool that can help a parish staff to determine how well they meet the needs of families. It was created by the Office for Marriage and Family Ministries.
- Strong Catholic Families, Strong Catholic Youth is a process for parishes ready to create a team of parents that will explore new ways to support all families in the parish. For details contact Amanda Thompson at 312-534-8391 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parish Directory for Family Advocates This document can be a helpful way to collect information on parish ministries that assist and support parents and families in a parish.
- Parents as Partners Susan Doubet at Sts. Faith Hope and Charity parish developed a website with faith resources for both catechists and parents. The Parents as Partners site has a wealth of helpful information , perfect for the Year of Strong Catholic Parents.
- Background Notes for Homilists-Advent and Christmas
Across the Advent and Christmas season, we hear God’s Word summoning us to live well together in our families and to be people who welcome Christ with joy. The Sunday readings offer us enlightenment, challenge, and encouragement.
- Prayers of the Faithful for Parents and Families
These Intercessory Prayers may be used by parishes at Sunday Masses throughout the year to raise awareness about the needs of families.
English | Spanish | Polish
Discussions and Guides
- Facilitator’s Guide for Building Stronger Families The Guide offers a series of four adult formation sessions for parents bringing their children to Confirmation. Use the guide along with copies of the parent book, Building Stronger Families created for the Archdiocese by Our Sunday Visitor.
- Follow the Way of Love The Unites States Conference of Catholic Bishops' message to families offering support and encouragement as they create a community of love. Questions are placed at various points in the message to encourage readers to make personal applications, as well as to use the text as the basis for discussion in their homes and with other families.
- Letter to the Family from Pope John Paul II and Study Guide (Polish)
By rodzina byla Bogiem silna...
- Evangelize All Ministries offers a retreat and a plan for learning and developing small faith-sharing communities to strengthen parents, families and parishes.
Directors of Religious Education
- Parent To Parent Wisdom
At your next parent meeting, help parents to focus on the positive and name one thing they do to raise faith-filled kids. Fax in the best ideas and parents will see their name and parish on the website.
- One Word at a Time Bulletin Articles
There are 52 words, one for every week of the year and the articles are published in English, Spanish and Polish. Download this list of 52 words (with dates) for easy reference.
The print versions are saved as CMYK jpegs and may not open correctly in Internet Explorer. To save the image, right-click on the link and select Save Target As...