Requirements for Priests in Long Term Assignments
The current policies of the Archdiocese require the completion of the following requirements by diocesan externs, international priests, religious deacons and priests, prior to being granted faculties:
- “eAppsdb” Online Criminal background Screening – Applies to all employees/volunteers.
- Fingerprinting – Applies to school employees only.
- Attendance at a “Protecting God’s Children” Virtus Training – Applies to all employees/ volunteers.
- CANTS form (English | Spanish) (DCFS Criminal Abuse and Neglect form for the State of Illinois.) – Applies to all employees/volunteers.
- Code of Conduct for the Archdiocese of Chicago – Applies to all employees/ volunteers.
- Mandated Reporter Training (English | Spanish) – Applies to all employees/volunteers.
Please refer to the “eAppsDB” Background Screening Instructions sheet for Employees or Volunteers and the Compliance Guidelines Chart to help you with these requirements. Should you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Office for Externs and International Priests at 312-534-8212.