ARCHDIOCESE OF CHICAGO MARKS ROE V. WADE ANNIVERSARY WITH MASS FOR LIFE AND OTHER EVENTS
CHICAGO (January 13, 2006) Fr. George J. Rassas, Vicar General and Bishop Elect of the Archdiocese of Chicago, will be the principal celebrant at the Archdiocesan Mass for Life at 7:15 p.m. on Saturday, January 14, at St. Mary of the Angels Church, 1850 N. Hermitage Ave., Chicago. Concelebrants include members of the Priests Advisory Board to the Respect Life Office and other priests from throughout the diocese.
The Mass precedes prayer services and vigils scheduled in parishes throughout the Archdiocese during the week of January 22nd to mark the 33rd anniversary of the Roe v. Wade decision. These events are designed to raise awareness about the more than 46 million lives lost to abortion and to raise in prayer the women and men who are suffering from the decision to abort their child.
Parishes hosting prayer vigils and events for the 33 rd anniversary of Roe v. Wade, include:
- ARLINGTON HEIGHTS - St. Edna Church, 2525 N. Arlington Heights Road, Arlington Heights, "Mass in solemn remembrance of Roe v. Wade" on Saturday, January 21, 2006 at 9 a.m. CHICAGO – St. Pascal Church, 3935 N. Melvina Ave.,“Holy Hour for Life,” January 19, 2006, 7 p.m.
CHICAGO - St. Michael Church, 8237 S. South Shore, “Vigil for Life” on Saturday, January 21, 2006, after the 5 p.m. Mass.
CHICAGO - Five Holy Martyrs Church,4327 S. Richmond St., “Holy Hour for Life” on Sunday, January 22, 2006 from 1-2 p.m.
CHICAGO – St. Cornelius Church,5430 West Foster, “Holy Hour for Life”at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, January 25, 2006. Call the rectory at 773-283-5222 for more details.
CICERO - St. Frances of Rome Church, 1500 S. 59th Ct., Cicero " Holy Hour for Life" (bi-lingual) on Sunday, January 22, 2006, after the 6 p.m. Mass.
DES PLAINES – St. Zachary Church, 567 West Algonquin Road,“Prayer Vigil for Life” on Tuesday, January 24, 2006, at 6:45 p.m. On this day, we will pray that our nation be transformed into a culture where every child is welcomed in life and protected by law. Telephone: 847-956-7020.
GRAYSLAKE - St. Gilbert Church, 301 E. Belvedere Rd., “Vigil for Life” with adoration of the Blessed Sacrament in the Chapel from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. in silence.
LAGRANGE PARK - St. Louise de Marillac Church,1144 Harrison Ave., “Holy Hour for Life” on Sunday, January 22, 2006 from 3-4 p.m.
LAKE VILLA – Prince of Peace Church, 135 S. Milwaukee Ave., “Holy Hour for Life In Solemn Remembrance of 33 Years of Legalized Abortion,” Monday , January 23, 2006 at 7:30 p.m.. For further information, please call Sr. Yvonne at 847-356-7915.
NORTHBROOK - St. Norbert Church, 1809 Walters Ave.,“Holy Hour for Life”on Saturday, January 21, 2006, after the 5 p.m. Mass.
OAK FOREST – St. Damian Church, 5300 W. 155 th St., “Eucharistic Day of Prayer for Life” on Thursday January 19, 2006. The day begins with Mass at 9 a.m. with exposition of the Blessed Sacrament. Pro-Life Litanies, Rosaries as well as periods of silent adoration will take place from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. The Chaplet of Divine Mercy and Benediction will conclude the day.
ORLAND PARK – Our Lady of the Woods Church, 10731 W. 131 st, “Vigil for Life” on Sunday, January 22, 2006, 6p.m. to 7 p.m.
ORLAND PARK - St. Francis of Assisi Church, 15100 Wolf Road, “Holy Hour for Life” on Monday, January 23, 2006, at 7:30 p.m.
WESTCHESTER – Divine Infant Church, 1600 Newcastle Avenue, “Holy Hour for Life” at 7:30p.m. on Friday, January 20, 2006.
WAUCONDA – Transfiguration Church, 648 We. Mill St., Wauconda, “Holy Hour for Life” on January 23, 2006, from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament and Holy Hour.
WINNETKA – Ss. Faith, Hope and Charity Church, 191 Linden St., “Respect Life Holy Hour” on Monday, January 23, 2006, at the Bell Tower from 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
LOCAL TEENS JOIN “MARCH FOR LIFE” IN WASHINGTON: JANUARY 20-24
The Archdiocese of Chicago's Respect Life and Catechesis Offices are co-sponsoring a four-day pilgrimage for teens and college students from January 20-24 to participate in the annual “March for Life” in Washington, D.C. Motorcoaches will transport the young people to and from Washington. About 200 pilgrims are attending the trip, representing 14 different colleges and many parishes and high schools from throughout the Archdiocese.
- Friday, January 20: 6:30 p.m., Young people gather at St. Thecla’s parish, 6725 West Devon Avenue, Chicago, for Mass and send-off.
- Saturday, January 21: Morning arrival in Washington, D.C. Check in at Hyatt Regency-Crystal City. Afternoon sight seeing. 4 p.m., Private gathering and Reconciliation Service. 8 p.m., Moonlight bus tour of monuments.
- Sunday, January 22: 10 a.m., Bus departs for Catholic University and John Paul II Cultural Institute. Noon, Lunch and question-and-answer session with Fr. Frank Pavone from Priests for Life at Cultural Center. 8 p.m., National Vigil for Life, Catholic University.
- Monday, January 23: 9 a.m., Rally for Life and Mass at MCI Center, Noon, March for Life rally. 1:30-3 p.m., March for Life procession from Washington Monument to the Capitol. 6:30 p.m., Depart Washington.
- S aturday, Jan. 24: 7 a.m., Arrival at St. Thecla.