FIVE SIMULTANEOUS BACK TO SCHOOL SUNRISE PRAYER SERVICES TO BE CONDUCTED AT CHICAGO LAKEFRONT ON SATURDAY, AUGUST 27
Chicago, IL (August 22, 2011) – The Black Catholic Deacons in the Archdiocese of Chicago are inviting all to attend a Back to School Sunrise Prayer Service on Saturday, August 27, at 6:30 a.m. to pray for an end to violence, to protect our children, as well as to pray for a successful and non-violent school year.
Each Prayer Service will be held simultaneously on five different Chicago beaches, each with its own focus:
- Rainbow Beach, 2873 East 75th Street, (75th at Lake Michigan), Gang Violence
- 63rd Street / Jackson Park Beach, 6300 South Lake Shore Drive, (East Hayes Drive at Lake Michigan), Bullying
- Oakwood / 41st Street Beach, 4100 South Lake Shore Drive, (41st Street at Lake Michigan), Street Violence
- 31st Street Beach, 3100 South Lake Shore Drive, (31st Street at Lake Michigan), Spanish Language Service, Misa en Español y Reflexió, Domestic Violence
- 12th Street Beach, 1200 South Lynn White Drive (12th Street at Lake Michigan), Racism
Participants are asked to bring their own chairs or blankets. Pay & Display parking is available.
Back to School Sunrise Prayer Services are being organized, planned and sponsored by the Black Catholic Deacons of the Archdiocese of Chicago, assisted by the Office for Black Catholics.