SIX SIMULTANEOUS BACK TO SCHOOL SUNRISE PRAYER SERVICES TO BE CONDUCTED AT CHICAGO LAKEFRONT ON SATURDAY, AUGUST 25
Chicago, IL (August 21, 2012) – The Black Catholic Deacons in the Archdiocese of Chicago are inviting all to attend a Back to School Sunrise Prayer Service on Saturday, August 25, at 6:30 a.m. to pray for nonviolence in the hearts of people, in families and schools and on Chicago streets.
Each Prayer Service will be held simultaneously on these six Chicago beaches:
- Rainbow Beach, 2873 East 75th Street and Lake Shore Drive
- 57th Street Beach, 5700 South Lake Shore Drive (57th St. at Lake Michigan)
- Oakwood / 41st Street Beach, 4100 South Lake Shore Drive, (41st Street at Lake Michigan)
- 31st Street Beach, 3100 South Lake Shore Drive, (31st Street at Lake Michigan)
Spanish Language Service, Misa en Español y Reflexió
- 12th Street Beach, 1200 South Lynn White Drive (12th Street at Lake Michigan)
- Loyola Beach, 1230 West Greenleaf Avenue at Sheridan Road.
Participants are asked to bring their own chairs or blankets. Pay & Display parking is available.
Back to School Sunrise Prayer Services are being organized, planned and sponsored by the Black Catholic Deacons of the Archdiocese of Chicago, assisted by the Office for Black Catholics.