Archdiocese of Chicago Provides Update on St. Cecilia-St. Colette Renew My Church Grouping
The Archdiocese of Chicago announced an update on the St. Cecilia-St. Colette Renew My Church Grouping.
This grouping includes the following parishes:
- St. Cecilia, Mt. Prospect
- St. Colette, Rolling Meadows
Over the past several months, the groupings’ Feedback and Discernment Teams, made up of representatives from both parishes, met to review and discern their future parish and church structures. Based on their meetings and discussions with the larger parish communities, they submitted feedback to the Archdiocesan Standards and Recommendations Commission, which includes representatives from across the archdiocese. The commission reviewed the feedback and other materials and information, including demographic data, financial summaries, and parish and grouping trends.
Cardinal Blase J. Cupich, archbishop of Chicago, the archdiocese’s auxiliary bishops and Presbyteral Council have discussed the commission’s recommendations. Based on those discussions and prayerful consideration, the following decisions have been made:
- St. Cecilia and St. Colette will unite as one parish with two worship sites, one pastor and one pastoral team, effective July 1, 2023.
- Both churches will continue to host a regular schedule of Masses that will be determined by the pastor in consultation with parish leadership.
- St. Cecilia will be the parish church where the united parish’s sacramental records will be kept.
- The local community will discern possibilities for the new permanent name of the united parish, within archdiocesan guidelines, and submit up to five options to Cardinal Cupich. Each church will retain its name.
About Renew My Church
Renew My Church is the Archdiocese of Chicago’s response to Christ’s call and our invitation for renewal. The Renew My Church process will transform the archdiocese over the next several years by working with groupings of parishes to determine how they will achieve the goal of having vibrant, life-giving faith communities accessible to all Catholics. To learn more about Renew My Church, visit renewmychurch.org.