Archdiocese of Chicago’s Easter Sunday Masses to be Broadcast on Local Television and Radio Stations
Cardinal Blase J. Cupich, archbishop of Chicago, will preside over the Archdiocese of Chicago’s English Easter Sunday Mass broadcast from Holy Name Cathedral. Rev. Ismael Sandoval and Rev. Marek Smolka will preside over the televised Spanish and Polish language Easter Sunday Masses, respectively.
Easter Sunday, the celebration of the Lord's resurrection from the dead, is the greatest of all feast days in the Christian Church. The word "Easter" comes from Old English, meaning simply the "East." The sun which rises in the East, bringing light, warmth and hope, is a symbol for Christians of the risen Christ, the true Light of the world.
Easter Televised Broadcasts:
- ABC-TV (WLS-Channel 7) will televise Easter Mass in English at noon.
- Univision Chicago (WBGO 66) will televise Easter Mass in Spanish at 10 a.m.
- Polvision (Polvision 24.4 and Comcast 397) will televise Easter Mass in Polish at 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Easter Radio Broadcasts:
- WGN-(720 AM) will broadcast Easter Sunday Mass with Cardinal Cupich on Sunday, April 12 at 9 a.m.
- Univision Radio (1200 AM) will simulcast Easter Sunday Mass at 10 a.m.